Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Workbasket Wednesday...

 Here is a wee update on what has been occupying me over the past few months.

Isaiah's sweater - I posted about this way back here and then here again and so here it is.  I weaved in the ends while the kids were asleep in the sunshine Monday afternoon.  A labour of love, this sweater.  This was the first time I tried Elizabeth Zimmerman's Percentage System for a sweater from The Opinionated Knitter.  It worked like a charm for the entire thing but the neck opening.  That I had to rip back a few rows to make a bit wider for Isaiah's gargantuan melon.



Thrummed Mittens - I made good progress on these on Mother's Day - sticking them in my purse with some torn unspun yarn in a ziploc baggie.  I'm pretty impressed with how fast they knit up once you get going.  Tearing the unspun wool is what fuels the procrastination.  Thanks to the Yarn Harlot for the hilarious yarn-along.






Isaiah's "Superhero" - that is what he lovingly calls all capes - just "superhero".  So he's getting one and I am excited to give it to him with the warm weather upon us.  I have visions of him wearing only this cape and his underpants running around the parking lot.



Those Socks - yes, yes.  I'm still working on them.  Sort of.  I lost another needle a couple of weeks ago so I'm back down to 3 size 2mm needles.  sigh.  now I have to go buy a new set of them before I can make any more progress.  Update: The very nice Chinese man at the drycleaning/yarn store gave me a set of 2mm for free - before I dropped off Keith's pants for cleaning!! Nice man.



I have a couple of projects for my little miss.  One is finished but too small so I'll be making another LARGER one soon.  The other is still in the works so I'll be posting on them a little later this week.

What have you been working on this week?

1 comment:

dan carlson said...

the cape is awesome.