Monday, March 14, 2011

Project Update: Mostly Knitting

Well, it is the middle of March and I haven't posted very many project pictures in a few weeks.

First up - the finished projects!
This is the Lazy Days skirt from Oliver +S.  The cotton fabric was quite thin so I added a second layer of solid coloured fabric inside.  I made a bunch of mistakes but learned a lot.  I actually made two of these, one for my wee girl (not shown) and my niece for their 2nd and 4th birthdays, respectively.







I also finished up knitting this cowl out of stash yarn.  It is too big so I'm thinking about knitting an I-cord to weave through it so I can cinch it at the neck.  It is soooo soft - baby alpaca and silk. I can't wait to wear it - guess I should weave in the ends...

Next on the finished pile is a small hat that ended up being too small for Rowie (and even a bit small on Lulu) but I'll put it in the growing pile of gifts to go to upcoming babies.



Isaiah's striped sweater is coming slowly along - row by row.  It is going to be way too big, I can tell already, but I try to tell myself it means more seasons of wear before it gets retired or passed down.  I am itching to cast on a Tomten for him but I'm resisting.













Up next - those socks.  I finished up Sock #1 but haven't found the time (or the pattern...) for the second one... grr.

Finally, the project I'm having the most fun with - thrummed mittens!  Woot.  These are knitting up fast (besides all that ripping and twisting of unspun wool).  I am so excited by how easy these actually are to make - and how warm they are. They are my new favourite.  Thank you Yarn Harlot, for the humorous yarn-along.

I have about 30 balls of yarn hidden (from myself, not my husband) under our bed right now that I bought with birthday money and gift certificates. (Thank you, Keith and Dad Dow) as well as a Turkish drop spindle so I'm working hard at trying to get these unfinished projects into the finished pile before I lose all focus and self-control and open that box.  I may need another cup of coffee...

No comments: