Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend


One of my favourite times of year; Thanksgiving.  I wasn't cooking a turkey dinner this weekend since we're having a Fall Potluck for some of the refugee claimants we've been working with, but the kitchen at Matthew House was not idle :)  We've made cinnamon buns and pumpkin pie, apple sauce and bread pudding.  Quite a tasty weekend, if I do say so.

Keith's parents are here visiting, having made the drive to Ottawa yesterday afternoon.  Today we drove to Perth for the Autumn Studio Tour.  It is always neat to see where artists hone their craft, create, and display their work.  We ordered a beautiful print on canvas by David Zimmerly.  I can't wait to put it up in our room at Matthew House.

I hope you're having a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

1 comment:

Mommy Emily said...

yum yum! so glad you guys are having fun. wish we could be there with you. xo