Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Quiet Time

It is quiet time here.  It is the time of day, right after lunch, when I put the kids in their room for sleep or quiet play and I come downstairs, make a cup of coffee and do - whatever.  Some days it is cleaning or paperwork, answering emails or making food. Today I've opted for sitting on the floor of the office, over the register that is blowing blissful warm air on me.  It reminds me of when I was a little girl and I used to sit over the register on those cold Wintery mornings with my knees bent and tucked inside my nightgown, trapping in the warmth, tucking my face in the neckhole so it would blow on my face.

Now my fingers are busy with knitting a hat to keep my ears warm on those Wintery mornings and the warm air is a comfort, as is the coffee and the mindless TV show I watch for company when the chaos has been tucked into bed for a time. Today is quiet time for Darcie, not wife or mama or any other hat I wear, just for Darcie :)

No comments: