Monday, January 31, 2011

The Yarn Fast - Month One.

Yup, it's true. I told my sweet husband that I was going to go a whole year without buying any new yarn but was going to knit up projects from my stash. And my husband loves me and so he holds me accountable for those careless words I spoke in my altruistic moment.  And so, I'll be posting pictures as I progress through my stash, knitting projects big and small for my littles and loved ones.

Here is my first sweater of the year that I began last Fall but put on hold for Christmas knitting.  It's the Shalom Cardigan.  I really wanted to add sleeves, but they will either have to wait a year - or I'll just have to knit a second Shalom when I break my fast (or someone sends me 2 Skeins of Cascade EcoWool). :)

This sweater turned out rather well, I think.  I may have reversed my twisted ribs (front and back) but they still stand out enough.  I followed the mods made by some on ravelry - no waist shaping and twisted ribbing on the hem.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Looks great Darcie, and thankfully is made big enough for an adult human being ;) I got me some sweet gift certificates for Christmas, so who knows what you could receive in the mail to help you through the fast. Love you!

Unknown said...

Hope the fast goes well, & that you're amazed by what comes out of it! That shalom sweater is so nice, you could start a business!