Thursday, March 29, 2012

Yarn Along

Dsc_6733

I'm a day behind, but I'm Linking up with Ginny's Yarn Along today. I'm reading (and will be for quite some time) Susan Wise Bauer's The History of the Ancient World.  She would be on my list of most inspirational women.  That combined with the fact that I love world history almost makes this a guilty pleasure to read.  I bought it for myself for my birthday in February and have made it about 250 pages in.  I'm trying to read it during the kids' quiet time each afternoon instead of watching a TV show - but I have yet to master the art of knitting while reading so sometimes the TV wins out.

As for knitting - in true knitterly fashion I have several projects on the go.  I'm finishing up a Pebble vest although I'm not sure who it is destined for as of yet.  I'm also still working on a spring cowl that is traveling around with me in my purse.  Today (and featured in this picture) are socks I'm knitting as a thank you gift for my friend Heidi who came for a week to help out after Charity arrived.  She's a good friend, this Heidi-girl.  Worth all 40, 000 stitches of a pair of socks.  I'm knitting them with Knit Picks Felicity Sport in the Groovy colourway with this pattern (so far).  Heidi saw the yarn in my stash basket and liked it so that part was easy :)

What are you knitting and reading these days?

No comments: