Friday, July 23, 2010

My Kitchen Helper

We've had a busy week in the kitchen!  Packing things up to move has left me in a conundrum.  I like to bake to procrastinate (which is not so good) but I also NEED to bake to use up some of my dry ingredients before the big day.  And so - some days baking wins out over packing.  Here are a few photos of the goodies we've been creating.

Miss Mae's Coffee Crisps from SouleMama
A wee taste :)
And this very yummy Perfect Berry Pie from The Knitty Gritty Homestead.  I actually made this twice this week.  But our apartment was so warm the second time I had to re-roll the pie crust dough a dozen times.
 Above are some homemade granola bars from Rhythm of the Home.  They are made with Almond butter and are chewy and delicious!
 
These caramel bars are my favourite.  The recipe  calls for walnuts, but I typically don't use them if I'm unsure of food allergies.  The recipe is from allrecipes.com
 I wish Lucy was eating in the kitchen in this picture.  It would have been much easier to clean up. 

 Isaiah helping me make the Almond Butter Thumbprint cookies from Childhood Magic!  We used Crab Apple Jelly in the middle.

 
Naturally, this is only one of the small messes that occurred while all of the baking was taking place :)

3 comments:

Ariella said...

what great baking! your son's smile as he is standing next to the cookies is soo cute! Just adorable.

The Knitty Gritty Homestead said...

Your pie looks wonderful! So glad to hear it tastes as good as it looks!

meredow said...

All these pictures are making my mouth water! Lucy & Izer just look SO adorable in these pictures! It's fun experiencing the joys of baking through a kid's eyes again :)