Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Day at the Almonte Fair

As we prepare for our big move to Matthew House, we're trying hard to make sure we still do some fun (and somewhat relaxing) activities with the kids.  It can be easy to spend all of our spare time packing boxes, sorting clothes or, in my case - knitting :)


Isaiah and Lucy really enjoyed the cow competition.  I was interested to learn what the judges were looking for in prize livestock. As it turns out, it is much like a beauty pageant; graceful movement, good posture, nice lines, symmetry, shapely figure.
Getting outside to enjoy the sunshine,eat ice cream and give the kids opportunity to run off some energy has helped the packing and preparation process seem less daunting.  I hope we can keep this same sense of balance once the ministry work of Matthew House Ottawa begins in earnest.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ernest Dow said...

Takes me back to the days I led my own dairy calf in competition at the Mitchell Fall Fair. Stepping on toes (hooves) is a necessary part of correct stance -- a little lesson for life, perhaps?
Loved Keith's expression nose-to-nose with the camel!