Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Yarn Along

Dsc_6739

Joining up with Ginny again today for the Yarn Along.  Do you see this mountain of goodness? I know I've shown fabric and yarn - but it's all so yummy.  The white and blue yarn is Berroco Vintage Worsted and is destined for the Shellseeker sweater and the sock yarn (Berroco comfort sock) will hopefully become Windward.  Yarn Harlot described Windward as having that "post-apocalyptic shabby chic" style that captures the "I'm so cool my clothes are rags" look.  I love her.  And I love these patterns - so shout out to  Heidi Kirrmaier. Click on her name to check out her other designs.  The pink ball of yarn with the sequins was chosen by Lucy, who accompanied me on this yarny expedition.  There was a sample scarf knit up with it that she fell in love with - so I have one more project to add to my list. The fabric has been sewn up into a birthday present for my niece.  I'll post pictures of the final product once I get it sent off in the mail - I can't ruin the surprise :)

I'm still reading A History of the Ancient World and haven't started anything new - but Keith and I did listen to Sinner by Lino Rulli over the weekend while we were driving in the car.  I thought parts of it were really funny.  I didn't much care for the added commentary with Father Rob, though.

No comments: