Tuesday, November 15, 2011

simplicity for the holidays...

I can't bring myself to play Chistmas music yet.  There may only be 40-something shopping days left until Christmas but oh so many things to come before that I just can't get into the spirit of things just yet.  That being said, I do have some projects in the works for gift-giving and in spare moments have thought about what traditions we might like to begin this year (our first in our own home with kids).  Ah, yes.  Our new home.  Perhaps the biggest change taking place in just about two weeks.  We're wrapping up our time here at Matthew House Ottawa and will be moving into our first home.  Scary. Expensive - but we are so looking forward to it.  We have really enjoyed our time here and will miss it - but our family needs are changing now that I've begun homeschooling and we're expecting our third baby in March 2012 :) Yay. 

And so, with so many big things on the very near horizon and so many decisions to make (paint colours, furniture, and art, oh my), I'll be striving for a simple family holiday.  Cinnamon buns. Apple Cider.  A few presents. Excellent coffee with a chocolate at the bottom of the mug. A turkey  - or maybe a ham.  We haven't had pork in so long.  There are other traditions I'd like to start with our family, but this year it is family time we need.  Rest and time together.  I fully intend on breaking out the Christmas music as we paint the walls and unpack the boxes.  I think I'll be ready to enjoy it then - and the holiday to come.  

What are your holiday plans or traditions you are beginning or continuing this year?

No comments: