Tuesday, November 30, 2010

For the Small Things...

Last Tuesday, Matthew House welcomed three new freezing Namibian residents through our doors.  Consequently, life here has gone from a brisk but manageable pace in caring for our first resident, getting ready for Christmas and the upcoming family wedding, training volunteers, cooking meals and most importantly caring for the one larger and two smaller Dows - to the sprint we're running now.  I woke up feeling grumpy and strained, but SouleMama's post today helped me find some perspective and the "letting go" that needs to happen in order to enjoy the day.  It's like when a ship is in a storm and they can try to fight it or they let go of the sails and run with the storm.  So, in this season where we find ourselves extra busy, I'm thankful for these small and not so small things...

  • Pingu and toddler babble from the other room
  • Amazing volunteers 
  • Babies soon-to-be here!
  • Namibian first-snow-experiences
  • craft nights with lovely ladies and my wee man
  • a coffee cup that doesn't judge me for refilling it three times today
  • the husband who helps to hold me together :)

1 comment:

meredow said...

Darcie, this really spoke to me today as I wake up already feeling like a failure for not getting things done yet! The beauty of letting go is that it's not a giving up, but a freeing to do and, more importantly, to be. This makes me think that the main thing is to be at peace in every situation, no matter how stressful or overwhelming it is. I'm probably journaling more to myself right now, but I just wanted to share how much I appreciated & needed your post today! Love you!