Monday, June 14, 2010

Quiet Mornings

For the past few weeks I have been getting up at 6:30am - a full hour before the kids begin to stir. I used to climb out of bed when I heard Isaiah calling me or Lucy crying and I spent the better part of the morning waiting for nap time when I could get a moment to myself.  This new regime is one of the little changes I've tried in order to prepare for August.  In August, we will be serving as a host family in a shelter for refugee claimants new to Canada.  The position promises to be both challenging and rewarding - and I think this little ritual of rising early, drinking coffee, reading, and maybe knitting a few rows in the quiet dawn before attending to the the needs of the rest of the house will help me to better serve them. 

2 comments:

Mommy Emily said...

i'm so proud of you, sister.

Ernest Dow said...

A heaven-nourished soul truly does make the rest of the day go better.